Telluride is open and our latest public health order allows visitors at 50% lodging occupancy. This will increase to 75% occupancy on July 13.
PUBLIC HEALTH INFO
For more information about current public health policies in San Miguel County, click here.
As of 5.21.2020 there our town has passed an emergency order requiring face coverings in indoor shared spaces and on public transportation. This ordinance expires at midnight on August 31. There is a mask ordinance in place in the Town of Mountain Village as well.
STATE OF TELLURIDE
Some restaurants and businesses in Telluride/Mountain Village are currently open for pick-up/take-out service. State of Colorado is now allowing restaurants to operate at 50% capacity, so more local restaurants have started accommodating dine-in seating. The town has blocked off one traffic lane on our main street to allow additional seating and retail space for businesses to accommodate social distancing requirements. Non-essential businesses have opened for business, for example the bookstore and shops. Salon services and massages are available. Outfitters are operating for Via Ferrata, guided hiking, and more.
Masks are required in indoor shared spaces and on public transportation (including gondola) by emergency town ordinance expiring August 31. A similar ordinance is in place in Mountain Village as well with no expiration date. Face coverings are encouraged on heavily trafficked trails where social distancing is hard to observe.
The free gondola connecting Telluride and Mountain Village is now open and operating from 7am-12am. The following protocols are in place to ensure passengers and staff safety:
- The number of passengers per cabin will be in accordance with county health orders.
- Riders are required to wear masks while onboard and in gondola stations (masks are available upon request).
- Hand sanitizer available at all stations.
- Regular disinfection of gondola cabin cars between passenger on-boarding.
- Visual markers in queues in order to maintain physical separation while in line to board the gondola.
RESTAURANTS / OTHER:
Restaurants are now allowed to operate at 50% capacity. Many local establishments have now opened for dine-in service.
Please note a town ordinance was passed to close down one traffic late on Colorado Avenue (main street) in order to add additional outdoor seating and retail space to allow businesses to operate at larger capacity while observing social distancing requirements. When driving in town, please do so with caution and pay attention to traffic/detour sings.
BIKE PARK / GOLF COURSE
The Telluride Bike Park is open. The golf course is currently only open to members of Telluride Ski & Golf Resort.
POOLS & HOT TUBS:
Most pools and hot tubs at rental properties are open with the expectation of social distancing and 50% capacity. Please default to individual properties for signage regarding hours and closures. Due to COVID-19, pool and hot tubs closures are subject to change at any time due to HOA and local regulations. LIT cannot be held responsible for closures for COVID or maintenance.
CANCELLATION POLICY – SUMMER 2020 RESERVATIONS
Book your summer getaway with extra peace of mind. Due to the evolving circumstances around COVID-19, Lodging In Telluride is happy to extend the following cancellation policy for new reservations through October 31, 2020.
- For new reservations made after May 8, 2020, a 7-day cancellation policy is in place. If you cancel prior to 7 days out from your arrival date, you will receive a full refund minus a $40 cancellation fee. If you cancel within 7 days of your arrival, your deposit will be forfeited. A 50% deposit is due at time of reservation. Does not apply to peak periods.
- Peak periods include summer festival dates. Refunds for peak dates will be granted only if festivals are cancelled.
- For reservations of 30 days or more, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
If a future town, county, state or federal ordinance is enacted preventing the completion of your a reservation with Lodging In Telluride, you will be issue a credit in the amount of your reservation (or remaining nights) toward a future stay, valid for one year from the date of your cancelled or interrupted stay. Refunds will not be issued.
This COVID-19 cancellation policy applies to new reservations made after May 8, 2020. Valid on reservations through October 31, 2020. Book by September 30, 2020. Excludes peak periods and reservations of 30 days or more. Traveler is responsible for cancelling within the appropriate timeframe.
While we always take cleaning seriously, and expect you to arrive to a sparkling vacation rental, additional precautions and guidelines will be followed in the coming months to ensure the safety and comfort of our guests.