Dear Telluride Homeowners,
Owning a home in Telluride brings a huge amount of joy. While places like Aspen and Vail have experienced explosive growth, us Tellurider’s feel that twinge of smug pleasure in knowing that we have chosen a place that offers so much more in terms of natural beauty, history, community, festivals, culture, endless outdoor pursuits and unique ski access.
When we bought our condo in Telluride in 2011, I couldn’t quite believe that we could have such an incredible opportunity to have our own a little piece of mountain town paradise. We lived in our Viking Lodge condo for 3 years, completely remodeled it, had a baby, then it was time to move on when baby number 2 was on the way. We have held onto our condo since then, renting it as a vacation rental property, as part of Lodging In Telluride’s offering. A lot of people ask us why we don’t sell it. The short answer is twofold – we are too attached to sell it, and we generate such great rental revenue that we don’t feel like it would be a good decision to sell it. Creating a really special, memorable experience for guests has always been a big motivation for me. I like adding a personal touch to my guests stay as its so wonderful to share Telluride with others, and to make sure that they love our town just as much as we do. I find the main aspects of this business come quite easily to me, and for that reason, when the offer came along to buy Lodging In Telluride in 2016, I jumped at the chance. I have worked in the hospitality industry my whole life, and I’ve been in the vacation rental industry for 8 years now.
As a property owner myself, I understand that in addition to bringing a large amount of joy, owning a residence in a far away location can also come with headaches. The ideal scenario is one where you don’t have to think about things – your management company takes a detailed level of care towards your home, and your are generating strong rental revenue. Having piece of mind, and knowing that your Telluride investment is being cared for properly, is a huge part of the equation when considering who should manage your property.
Some key points about our management style:
- At Lodging In Telluride, we believe that good things come in small packages. We are a truly boutique vacation rental management company with less than 30 properties under our care. We want to know what is going on with all properties at all times, so in the event that you call us, our team can tell you exactly what is going on.
- By owners, for owners. As the owner of Lodging In Telluride, and the owner of my own short term rental condo, I understand the dynamics of owning and renting a condo, and I do my very best to help you avoid the pitfalls of condo ownership. Taking the very best care of your property in a timely and cost effective manner is paramount, as well as generating strong rental revenue are our 2 key goals.
- By locals, for local homeowners. Our team is owned and operated by Telluride locals who have lived in Telluride for years. We are intent on providing our homeowners and guests with the most knowledgable, friendly service.
With Lodging In Telluride, you can rest assured that your property is being taken care of as if it were our own. Our team consists of industry professionals, with each person being experienced in reservations, marketing or operations. Please view our About page to read more on our skills and experience. Below, I have outlined the various services offered by my company. If you have more specific questions, which you likely do, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.
Owner – Lodging In Telluride
Vacation Rental Management Services
Vacation rental management is the task of preparing and marketing your condo on the short term rental market. This includes extensive advertising efforts, as well as taking care of guests before, during and after their stay.
Here are some of the services we offer in our vacation rental management program:
• All marketing and advertising expenses including website listing fees (VRBO, Airbnb, TripAdvisor etc), professional photography, booking software access etc.
• All guest liaison before, during and after stay
• All condo supplies provided for guest stays e.g. all paper products, laundry supplies, bathroom supplies, kitchen supplies
• We collect & pay all of your 12.65% town/county/state lodging/sales taxes
• Coordination of cleaning & laundry expenses associated with a guest stay
• Coordination of off season deep cleans, carpet cleaning, dry cleaning
• Optional linen service
• Town Of Telluride business license
Property Management Services
Property management duties include general maintenance and upkeep of your Telluride home. Many owners want peace of mind knowing that their Telluride home is being taken care of 365 days a year. There will be times when your property is not being rented, from a week or two during the busy seasons, to more that eight weeks during the off seasons. It can also be helpful to have local “boots on the ground” in Telluride to assist with errands, meet contractors and accept deliveries for your property. Property management services are 100% optional.
Property management responsibilities include:
• Weekly walkthrough of your property, regardless of whether it is being rented or not, to flush toilets, check heating/systems, ensure security etc.
• Overseeing any general repairs & maintenance
• Any minor fixes such as battery replacement, standard lightbulb replacement
• Snow removal
• Hot tub maintenance
• Internet & cable troubleshooting
• Keeping track of inventory in your home
• Meeting deliveries, tradesmen
• Checking your Telluride PO box
• Coordinating hot tub maintenance & landscaping
• Any other local errands that you need!