Planning your dream destination wedding in Telluride is very exciting ….but it can be equally exhausting. You may live hundreds, if not thousands of miles away. It’s hard to fine tune the details when you aren’t quite sure who to talk to, where to start, what to choose? You might be asking yourself….
What are my options for a wedding ceremony and reception venue? Who can I talk to about flower arrangements? Where can I find wedding equipment rental? What about a band of DJ? Food? This is all getting too much, should I hire a Telluride-based wedding planner? Aaaaahhhhh!!!
Fear not my dear. Here at Lodging In Telluride, we’ve got the scoop on the wedding scene here in Telluride. We’ve picked a selection of our personal wedding favorites from the local talent pool. Just remember, you have probably chosen THE most beautiful town in America to get hitched. Everything else is going to fall into place just beautifully.
So let’s get started…
WEDDING CEREMONY VENUES.
1. Telluride’s most iconic, scenic and beautifully romantic place to get hitched is the San Sophia Overlook, right off the top of the gondola. This dedicated wedding ceremony location is managed by Telluride Ski & Golf. You can reach their events department and speak to a wedding specialist at 970-728-7446.
2. Other outdoor ideas include the pavilion at Telluride Town Park or anywhere along the San Miguel River in Telluride town. The Telluride Valley Floor is also a beautiful location. Contact the Town of Telluride for specifics.
3. Gorrono Ranch – this classic western ranch is now one of the ski areas main restaurants during the winter. In the summer, it becomes a wedding and special event location. There is a huge wooden deck surrounding a beautiful old barn. This area can easily accommodate a large crowd, and also serves well as a wedding reception venue. A one stop shop for the ceremony and reception!
4. A private home. You might also choose to rent a private home for your Telluride wedding. Private homes give you the luxury of having maximum privacy, and you can choose your own caterers and serve your own alcohol. However, it should be noted that most private homes will have a large event fee and hefty security deposits to give homeowners peace of mind.
WEDDING RECEPTION VENUES
Again, there are many options here for you to choose from…
1. Gorrono Ranch – as previously mentioned, Gorrono Ranch is managed by the Telluride Ski Resort. This very spacious, romantic old western barn is a very popular wedding reception venue here in Telluride. You can comfortably have your wedding ceremony and reception here.
2. Rustico Ristorante – Rustico is a very authentic, family run restaurant in Telluride town. They have very large entertaining areas (inside & outside) where many weddings have taken place.
3. Schmidt Ranch – Schmidt Ranch is located about half an hour out of Telluride on Wilson Mesa.
4. A private home, again, you might want to rent a private home for the occasion.
5. A Hotel – the Peaks Resort & Spa and the Hotel Madeline also offer wedding packages.
ACCOMMODATIONS IN TELLURIDE – Lodging for your wedding guests.
1. Here at Lodging In Telluride, we manage several condos on the west end of town (many of them under the one roof at the Viking Lodge). Each condo is beautifully appointed with everything your guests need for your wedding vacation. We offer special rates to wedding groups so call us today to inquire about your wedding party. The Viking Lodge has on site parking, a pool and hot tub, and laundry facilities.
3. Randy Barnes
5. Cat Mayer
CATERING & PRIVATE CHEFS
1. The Butcher & The Baker – one of very our favorite crews is Megan Ossola & Cinda Simons at Telluride’s ‘The Butcher & The Baker’ Cafe. Megan and Cinda are the best team in the business.
2. Bud Thomas – chef Bud is a larger than life character.
3. Aemono Fine Foods – let Sophia and Mike take care of the food arrangements for your Telluride wedding!
4. Telluride Mountain Top Catering – Dave Hafer is one of the most established private chef/catering providers in Telluride.
5. Bertrand’s Catering – add a touch of Europe to your Telluride wedding with French Chef Bertrand.
2. China Rose
WEDDING EQUIPMENT RENTAL
There’s really only one option here ladies – Viking Equipment Rentals. They are located in Lawson Hill (3 miles down the road) and they have just about everything you need for your Telluride wedding!
1. Beth Hess – Telluride Weddings
2. Soiree Telluride – Wendy Jacobs has planned some of the biggest and most exclusive weddings in the Telluride area, including the famed Lauren Bush wedding in 2011.
So I’m going to wrap things up there. Remember, if you are unsure of anything, or just need a local to talk to about where to start, call us at Lodging In Telluride 888-998-6471 and we are more than happy to point you in the right direction. We know the process can be overwhelming and we are here to help!