Summer is here! WOOHOO!! As families from all corners start rolling into Telluride with their kids, we hear a lot of parents asking the same question, “what are the best ways to keep my kids entertained in Telluride this summer?”.
Luckily, Telluride us just brimming with outdoor adventures to keep your kids out of the house (and away from those cheeky iPads) for most of the day. In fact, there is so much to do, you will likely find yourself having to leave some activities on next year’s list!
Here are 10 ideas for your child this summer in Telluride:
1. The Telluride Academy – the #1 attraction for most kids (and their parents!) in Telluride during the summer is the Telluride Academy. The academy is a non-profit organization that provides children and teens with enriching, experiential programs that span the globe. The goal of the Telluride Academy help to form a reliable inner compass within each student that guides compassion and creative learning, responsible choices and environmental stewardship.
2. Telluride EcoAdventures – Eco Adventures offers a range of indoor and outdoor activities for kids to create and discover. Their programs include anything from an hour of arts and crafts to a full day of exploration to adventure racing and overnight camps. This summer the Adventure Center includes a brand new Gravity Play facility, challenging kids to a suspended playground, bungee trampoline, and walking on water. Their dedicated and knowledgeable Kids Program Instructors, equipped with great ideas and expertise, are eager to customize a day of entertainment for your child.
3. Telluride Outside – introduce your kids to fly fishing, river rafting, or take them on a high alpine jeep tour with the professional team at Telluride Outside.
4. Telluride Skate Camp – Telluride Skate Camp is an incredible program for boys AND girls to get out there with other kids and learn to skate.
5. Ride With Roudy – Horse back riding with one of Telluride’s most iconic faces – Roudy Roudebush. Ride with Roudy also gives kids & parents a like the chance to experience riding with some of the world’s most spectacular alpine views.
6. Ah Haa Art Classes – the Ah Haa Arts School in Telluride offers a range of art classes for kids though out the summer from wheel throwing to plain air, to building fairy houses. Visit their website for the full summer schedule.
7. Telluride Rock & Roll Academy – The mission of Rock and Roll Academy is to create and protect a space where students can make choices, take ownership of their learning, and develop independence of thought and spirit. The original Rock and Roll Academy was founded in 2003 in Telluride, Colorado. The idea was simple; to provide a space where kids could come to music on their own terms, play the music they loved with their friends, and have a creative, collaborative experience of which they were fully in charge.
8. Pinhead Punk Science – Pinhead provides a variety of opportunities for kids to engage in science with leading science professionals right here in our region. In our newly opened Pinhead Headquarters, we host programs like Jitterbugs, Mini Missions, Mad Labs and more! There is no shortage of cool science fun when Pinhead is involved!
9. Telluride Town Park – Telluride Town Park is the center of many activities. In the summer, it is the venue for many music festivals and host to campgrounds, kids playgrounds, softball fields, a frisbee golf course, sand volleyball courts, a skate park, soccer fields, a public outdoor swimming pool, tennis courts, horseshoe pits, kid’s fishing pond, Imagination Station playground, basketball courts and more.
10. The Nugget Theater – sometimes a good old fashion movie session is needed. On a rainy afternoon, take your kids to the classic Nugget Theater on Telluride’s main street and catch the latest films.